With Scroogle having more and more problems (lately, half the searches I make there end up in the "We are so sorry, Google is treating us as spambots" page), it seems DuckDuckGo is the best option available (thanks to the many commenters who have recommended it in these formus) , and in the few weeks I've been using it, it has worked just fine.
But I didn't know about the "bangs" and other syntax DDG uses... Reading the Syntax page, a phrase almost brought tears of joy to my eyes: "Every search term should be used by default. That is, we try hard not to autocorrect your query, or in other words, we treat your terms as if you typed AND in between them."
Here's to the Duck!
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE