With Scroogle having more and more problems (lately, half the searches I make there end up in the "We are so sorry, Google is treating us as spambots" page), it seems DuckDuckGo is the best option available (thanks to the many commenters who have recommended it in these formus) , and in the few weeks I've been using it, it has worked just fine.
But I didn't know about the "bangs" and other syntax DDG uses... Reading the Syntax page, a phrase almost brought tears of joy to my eyes: "Every search term should be used by default. That is, we try hard not to autocorrect your query, or in other words, we treat your terms as if you typed AND in between them."
Here's to the Duck!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs