With Scroogle having more and more problems (lately, half the searches I make there end up in the "We are so sorry, Google is treating us as spambots" page), it seems DuckDuckGo is the best option available (thanks to the many commenters who have recommended it in these formus) , and in the few weeks I've been using it, it has worked just fine.
But I didn't know about the "bangs" and other syntax DDG uses... Reading the Syntax page, a phrase almost brought tears of joy to my eyes: "Every search term should be used by default. That is, we try hard not to autocorrect your query, or in other words, we treat your terms as if you typed AND in between them."
Here's to the Duck!
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks