"Why pay tax on a loss"?
Because a multinational corporation's tax bill is determined individually for each country. For example, say they make a $10m profit in the UK but a $20m loss in the US. They operate at a loss overall and pay no tax in the US, but are still taxed on their UK profits.
This being a company that sells things, there are also sales taxes to consider.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER