"Why pay tax on a loss"?
Because a multinational corporation's tax bill is determined individually for each country. For example, say they make a $10m profit in the UK but a $20m loss in the US. They operate at a loss overall and pay no tax in the US, but are still taxed on their UK profits.
This being a company that sells things, there are also sales taxes to consider.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know