"Why pay tax on a loss"?
Because a multinational corporation's tax bill is determined individually for each country. For example, say they make a $10m profit in the UK but a $20m loss in the US. They operate at a loss overall and pay no tax in the US, but are still taxed on their UK profits.
This being a company that sells things, there are also sales taxes to consider.
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed