but police checkpoints are so fun
Several years ago, I went through the same checkpoint four times in 30 minutes.
I was working as a courier and the local police set up their license/registration/insurance checkpoint on the road between our office and one of our best customers.
The first stop took five minutes as did the second one on the way back to the office. On the next delivery, about 15 minutes later, again, it took about 5 minutes...on the return trip they did actually just wave me through.
20 minutes later, on my 3rd trip back, they were gone... I was so disappointed.
On the other hand, I can remember going though one drunk-check while being severely in the bag.
I don't do that any more because getting drunk and then going to jail is a waste of good alcohol.
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- More than half of Windows 8 users just treat it like Windows 7