I wonder what kind of tape they are using
Over the last 2 decades every tape I've seen have been about as and often even more expensive than disk drives at the same capacity. It seems unlikely to me that a fairly complex thing like a tape changer can be cheaper than the electronic overhead of a disk array. After all that's as cheap as disk, and if you are contempt with tape-like performance, you can even heavily overbook the bandwidth to the drives.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops