More powers needed for the ASA
Rather than fining companies or banning adverts the ASA needs to be able to prevent companies from advertising.
1. ASA needs to offer a service funded by the advertiser to get their adverts checked in advance
2. Adverts not checked in advance that are found to be in breach of the code will result in removal of the right to advertise for that company for a period of time.
3. Repeat offences by a company result in longer bans
4. Repeat offences from ad houses result in the ad house being banned.
No fining or retrospective slaps on the wrist required.
On the plus side, it's a nice shot.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great