More powers needed for the ASA
Rather than fining companies or banning adverts the ASA needs to be able to prevent companies from advertising.
1. ASA needs to offer a service funded by the advertiser to get their adverts checked in advance
2. Adverts not checked in advance that are found to be in breach of the code will result in removal of the right to advertise for that company for a period of time.
3. Repeat offences by a company result in longer bans
4. Repeat offences from ad houses result in the ad house being banned.
No fining or retrospective slaps on the wrist required.
On the plus side, it's a nice shot.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth