Where else (other than China) can you get such a device made in such quantities?
You can't make such things without chemicals and producing pollution. We used to send people down underground in this country despite it causing them harm. Yet many say we shouldn't have killed off mining.
It's all very well saying make them in the USA, but there's nowhere that can make them in sufficient volume for the right sort of price. Unless of course you want a £2000 iPhone with a 2 year waiting list.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system