Sorry, Henry, that's where you're wrong.
It WILL magically take off when Apple finally adds it to their phone. Reason being, Apple will flood the world with commercials about how "If you have an iPhone, you have iPay, and you can pay for stuff with your phone." and the media will be falling all over themselves to gush about Apple's new innovation that's taking the world by storm.
It's really amazing to watch, actually.
Case in point, an article on The Register dedicated to a rumour that Apple may add a feature to their new phone that most of the competition already have. oooooohhh, aaaaaahhhh!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs