An authority in the West...
I work for an authority in the West that covers some 75 primary schools and their admin networks. I think we have only one school with Office 2007 on their Office systems. Any equipment the schools buy that come with Vista, we downgrade immediately before they're joined to the admin network. There is just no advantage to Vista from our point of view. All our application rollout packs will need to be remade for starters.
One site were keen to keep Vista on their 20 new curriculum laptops. It took 30 minutes for each to load up and configure their initial boot rubbish. Lots of problems mapping printers shared off a 2003 server. Waste of time and resources.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat