10.04 is great, but...
Long Term Support?
All well and good for the commercial desktop, where things should be a bit fixed, but for those of us who want to download some nice piece of software we just read about, Long-term support is a joke, because the development community is only interested in the recent, or maybe latest and previous, versions.
Yes, I know it's open source, and nothing is stopping me from porting something to any version I choose --- except the fact that I am not a programmer. Anything beyond tracking down a missing library or two if I /have/ to compile a package is beyond me.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging