"...a kind of zoo perhaps?"
A good analogy, with one small difference. You're the one sitting on your own in a room and all those people moving around outside your window are the creatures you're interested in.
They're usually referred to as "the general public".
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning