"...a kind of zoo perhaps?"
A good analogy, with one small difference. You're the one sitting on your own in a room and all those people moving around outside your window are the creatures you're interested in.
They're usually referred to as "the general public".
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked