Windows now accounts for nearly 50 per cent of server revenues compared to just under 20 per cent for Linux.
Might that be due to the fact that Windows is a tad more expensive than SLES/RHEL etc
that a good number of shops use distros like CentOS for non production servers at no frigging cost at all. Those shops then use RHEL for Production Only. As CentOS is source code identical (apart from the RH copyright stuff) it makes real sense.
I've just been setting up a couple of VM servers. One using Microsoft 'kit' and the other RHEL/KVM. The RHEL one works a whole lot better even running Windows server 2003 & 2008.
I really do think that this is the last throws of a Dinosaur before it goes extinct.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware