only an idiot would think that the Kindle Fire was a direct competitor to the iPad - it's like saying that the Ford Focus is a competitor to a Ferrari!
The Kindle Fire costs £200, and is less than 40% the power of the iPad2
The iPad2 costs around £500
you pay for what you get - if you can afford an iPad, you buy an iPad, if you can't, you will buy something cheaper, or buy nothing at all
anyone who already owns an iPhone will naturally buy an iPad, because you can install your apps directly onto it, and you're already tied into the "pay for everything" attitude, but if you have an Android phone, you'll buy an Android tablet, and if you have a Blackberry phone, you MAY buy a Playbook
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire