Follow the money
Reading about the Mr Dotcom bust in the NZ Herald, it occurred to me that what SOPA and PIPA are *really* designed to do is to protect excessive profit margins in the copyright-based "industries". If Megadownload can generate so much wealth by dramatically undercutting legitimate prices, those prices must be grossly inflated (if not, the entire theory of market economics is wrong). So the fix needed here isn't SOPA and PIPA - it's some way of encouraging honest competition in the sale of copyright material.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE