Follow the money
Reading about the Mr Dotcom bust in the NZ Herald, it occurred to me that what SOPA and PIPA are *really* designed to do is to protect excessive profit margins in the copyright-based "industries". If Megadownload can generate so much wealth by dramatically undercutting legitimate prices, those prices must be grossly inflated (if not, the entire theory of market economics is wrong). So the fix needed here isn't SOPA and PIPA - it's some way of encouraging honest competition in the sale of copyright material.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...