As a verb
As a verb, occult simply means to something is hidden by something else. You could even say an eclipse is caused by one celestial body occulting another.
The hidden knowledge thing came about because magical knowledge has to be secret, or people would know it isn't really magic ;)
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR