As a verb
As a verb, occult simply means to something is hidden by something else. You could even say an eclipse is caused by one celestial body occulting another.
The hidden knowledge thing came about because magical knowledge has to be secret, or people would know it isn't really magic ;)
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can