As a verb
As a verb, occult simply means to something is hidden by something else. You could even say an eclipse is caused by one celestial body occulting another.
The hidden knowledge thing came about because magical knowledge has to be secret, or people would know it isn't really magic ;)
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging