We won't actively get rid of them...like everything else, once you start increase price (remove the EU subsidies is the easiest way), you reduce demand (or rather - reduce the ability to pay), and a fair ol' percentage of the ranchers are looking for new careers.
Witness the price of meat in Switzerland, if you wanna see where it's going. A small chicken costs £12. A small sirloin = £15. A meat course at a diner = £40+. Needless to say, you eat a lot less of it. Probably also explains why the Swiss are so slim?
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE