They may well have had a turbine but at CEBIT in 2007 they demo'd a methanol fuel cell laptop.
They also demonstrated a methanol fuel cell powered cell phone prototype in 2009.
The Military have been using fuel cells for communication devices (radios, sat phones etc.) for a few years at least now.
All the above demonstrate prior art as I find it inconceivable that no other fuel cell user/manufacturer monitor current and voltage to determine cell state.
Perhaps Apple are different in that theirs has to be fed Lattes?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Special Report Roll up for El Reg's 3G/4G MONOPOLY DATA PUB CRAWL