"ROM files ... are still illegal to distribute."
They're only illegal to distrubute if you don't have permission to distribute them. Amstrad have specifically given permission to distribute the Spectrum ROMs /for/ /use/ /in/ /emulators/.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire