It's clear it's not free in the title
The title says Kindle. It costs money to buy things from the Kindle store. If not, it would've said PDF and figured if you had a Kindle you could put it on there yourself for free. I think it was clear enough and is fine. I like that Ars Technica and The Register are both experimenting with ways to add to their bottom line this way. Less chance I'll find a 404 message the next time I come over here for a bit of free reading.
The Fail is for you Failing to understand that they were selling this for "actual money" as you say. Maybe they should've taken bitcoins?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email