Everyone is dancing around the 800 lbs. (~57 st.) burning gorilla in the room.
There would be Hadoop or insert tech of the day here engineers if punters felt there would be demand for those skills.
Since the gilded executives that run our fair oligarchy fell in love with cheap labor no matter what the actual cost is, it became apparent to anyone with eyes that there was no future in any IT major for anyone unfortunate enough to be born in the West.
You want tech talent?
Show the people working at it that you are not going to give their job away to a visa holder with made up skills because his head shop is cheap and you can take it off your taxes.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month