I remember when Apple announced that they'd got the fastest PC in the world (desktop PC that is) and how great the PPC architecture that they were using was, when compared to Intel architecture.
The trouble is that it turned out that they'd used a piece of code compiled on a PPC optimised compler supplied by IBM the manufacturer of the processor. They compared this to the same code compiled for the current fastest Intel system with a generic unoptimised compiler.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search