What's the USP?
Why are they bothering. There are lots of x86 linuxes.
x86 has years to go before its price/power envelope matches Arm.
x86 tablets have all been dogs or laptops with tablet functions.
Just don't see the point other than "because we can" and if that's the case why should Google or Intel care?
Amd probably only care because they are flailing about struggling to remain relevant having totally failed to jump on the low power bandwagon inspite of having dozens of chances to do so. Amd's sole reason for existence these days is to keep Intel honest. It would be nice if they were a bit sharper but I'm sadly not holding my breath.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad