I'm always worried when I see that the best picture on a TV is achieved by having various picture processing machinery in play. In my experience that causes two problems for gamers: 1) you can get artificial sharpness (banding in sunsets or other diffuse light) and (2) LAG LAG LAG.
The amount of lag on the last LG plasma I used was so extreme (>0.2 seconds or so) that I was totally slaughtered online by people I can normally dispatch with ease. This amount of lag is totally irrelevant for non-interactive TV, but we really do need stats on this in reviews especially as no manufacturer is forthcoming about this on on their published specs.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging