1) Does Carrier IQ use native APIs to get such privileged access or are special APIs mandated by operators so that CIQ can work?
2) If 1 is the latter, can malicious apps access these APIs too?
3) The CIQ exe probably runs at the highest privilege level. Is the app well written? Can a malicious app exploit it?
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain BT Tower is just a relic? Wrong: It relays 18,000hrs of telly daily
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- Review: Sony Xperia SP
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know