this is actually your iPhone checking for email etc but because wifi goes to sleep it uses 3G hence the message.
source: the o2 website.
solution: turn off 3G when your not using it or disable push email.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?