From a quick glance of the paper this attack seems to exploit any app that has the necessary privilege.
My guess is even stock Android has to have at least some of these priviledged apps, but the more you have the greater the risk.
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL