Not a suprise but have they considered the positive effects of this? In a country where clear spoken English is seen as a premium such technology could force users to speak with something more akin to the 'Queen's English' (or the apple equivalent).
If Siri cant understand you chances are neither can a considerable chunk of the world.
It could be used in a similar way to Sugata Mitra's work in India who I was fortunate enough to see in person at last years ALT conference:
The relivant paper (possible behind a paywall)
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it