Spot on explanation of dithering, although isn't "granulation noise" usually referred to as "quantization noise"?
It is rather remarkable that a 1/2LSB sine wave without dithering becomes a square wave to the ear, while a 1/2LSB sine wave with dithering sounds like a sine wave + white noise.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE