Now I can tell that stupid stewardess to STFU when she insists that "all mobile phones *must* be switched off *throughout* the flight, *even* if they have Flight-Mode."
Wasn't the original reason for no mobiles on planes because when 400 mobiles simultaneously try to log into a cell tower, with a weak signal, travelling at speed, there tends to be a trail of knocked-out towers under the flightpath of a 747?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month