I spent 5+ hours at Heathrow once with my Canadian wife held up by a border security staffed by a bunch of collage-age average layabouts. All on a visa technicality.
I welcome shorter border checks, since most of it is theatre anyway and believe me, they were more interested in standing around chatting about what was happening Saturday night than with the queues of airplane ejectees making their way through the border.
I often wonder what kind of aweful person do you have to be to work in such a job.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs