I spent 5+ hours at Heathrow once with my Canadian wife held up by a border security staffed by a bunch of collage-age average layabouts. All on a visa technicality.
I welcome shorter border checks, since most of it is theatre anyway and believe me, they were more interested in standing around chatting about what was happening Saturday night than with the queues of airplane ejectees making their way through the border.
I often wonder what kind of aweful person do you have to be to work in such a job.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix