I spent 5+ hours at Heathrow once with my Canadian wife held up by a border security staffed by a bunch of collage-age average layabouts. All on a visa technicality.
I welcome shorter border checks, since most of it is theatre anyway and believe me, they were more interested in standing around chatting about what was happening Saturday night than with the queues of airplane ejectees making their way through the border.
I often wonder what kind of aweful person do you have to be to work in such a job.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16