I spent 5+ hours at Heathrow once with my Canadian wife held up by a border security staffed by a bunch of collage-age average layabouts. All on a visa technicality.
I welcome shorter border checks, since most of it is theatre anyway and believe me, they were more interested in standing around chatting about what was happening Saturday night than with the queues of airplane ejectees making their way through the border.
I often wonder what kind of aweful person do you have to be to work in such a job.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad