Try the colonies
It's like the 70s here. Everyone has to be the union if you aren't "a professional".
I might have an Oxbridge PhD but since software isn't real engineering I'm not an engineer - so I'm in the teamsters (of Casino fame !).
In theory I can't work overtime without union permission - oddly that doesn't seem to be enforced. For which I pay a $500 joining fee and a monthly sub about as much as my annual professional CS subscription used to be.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan