And this is useful for what?
Been programming heavily multi-threaded apps for years and the fact is, if you understand threading well enough to be considered a useful contributor to the development of a threaded application, then this is a non-issue anyway.
Schedules for threads have to be determined by the data set of the application. Otherwise, you're probably not threading for any particular reason and therefore attempting to precalculate and optimal threading path is a waste of time and effort.
I am however considering purchasing a book on multithreading patterns to see if there is anything to offer in this direction. But in reality, race conditions are a flaw typically faced by bad planning.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Special Report Roll up for El Reg's 3G/4G MONOPOLY DATA PUB CRAWL