And this is useful for what?
Been programming heavily multi-threaded apps for years and the fact is, if you understand threading well enough to be considered a useful contributor to the development of a threaded application, then this is a non-issue anyway.
Schedules for threads have to be determined by the data set of the application. Otherwise, you're probably not threading for any particular reason and therefore attempting to precalculate and optimal threading path is a waste of time and effort.
I am however considering purchasing a book on multithreading patterns to see if there is anything to offer in this direction. But in reality, race conditions are a flaw typically faced by bad planning.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers