In practice, once you've gone to the effort of putting a reliable life support system into space, the additional mass of actually putting a person inside is fairly small and the differences between one person and another are insignificant.
If you were actually in the business of optimising your budget, you'd use a robot for messing about in Earth orbit. You'd use a less reliable rocket to put up much less mass and save millions on every mission.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- New Snapchat Snapcash service inspires amateur PORN STARS