In practice, once you've gone to the effort of putting a reliable life support system into space, the additional mass of actually putting a person inside is fairly small and the differences between one person and another are insignificant.
If you were actually in the business of optimising your budget, you'd use a robot for messing about in Earth orbit. You'd use a less reliable rocket to put up much less mass and save millions on every mission.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Analysis Will BlackBerry make a comeback with its SQUARE smartphones?