and heres me...
just out of uni, putting together a portfolio so i can apply for an 18k job...
given that median income in the uk is about 20-25k, i dont think a grad with with little or no experience should just be able to flash a bit of paper to get in at 30k+
i need either:
a) a project/job/piece of work that is the job in miniature <-my preferred option
b) to already know the people (through placement/old boys club/whatever)
c) the HR droid/interviewer to not have a scooby doo about the job your applying for
(tick box skill set, turn up on time and looking smart etc)
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- New material enables 1,000-meter super-skyscrapers