Sure Alisons comparison with regards to threads is fair. He is comparing current shipping products to shipping products. Now you saying that this will be changed in a few months is also fair.
As for the 100.000 virtual servers, I have no doubt that a mainframe could do that, but hey is it relevant?
I guess not just as relevant as having a single (non supercomputer) OS image using 16.384 threads.
And as for Oracle FUD and marketing lies.. do you really want a list ?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month