That's our plan, too. I've been using LO (now on 3.4.3) and it's fine. The best part (I've found) is LO Draw, which I've used for diagrams (simple or complex) and A0 posters.
The default chart colours in Calc are also much nicer than Excel's.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- New material enables 1,000-meter super-skyscrapers