Read the evidence...
"Yes they did cause the flash crash" Did they? All the evidence points to automated systems completing orders following an order to unload $4.1bn of e-mini futures contracts on the S&P 500 as quickly as possible.
Whether those automated systems run in microseconds or in sub-second, you'd have seen similar behaviour... It's not always the HFTs fault!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base