Read the evidence...
"Yes they did cause the flash crash" Did they? All the evidence points to automated systems completing orders following an order to unload $4.1bn of e-mini futures contracts on the S&P 500 as quickly as possible.
Whether those automated systems run in microseconds or in sub-second, you'd have seen similar behaviour... It's not always the HFTs fault!
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- Fun-killing fireshow-flunking ZOMBIE COMET ISON only LOOKED alive
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- Inside IBM's vomit-inducing, noise-free future chip lab