I keep reading articles about the lack of skilled Java programmers both in the UK and the USA and I've never understood it. As Dominic says, there are thousands of highly qualified Indians out there.
The only problem is that all their CVs look the same so it's really hard separating the wheat from the chaff.
Last time we interviewed, there was one guy earning £40k up north somewhere who couldn't answer our basic threading question or the simple "given x denominations, what's the smallest number of coins required to make y" programming test.
PS: I only really noticed Dominic after his "rogue trader" article but quite a few of his older posts are worth a read.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging