How about an angled mirror above the tube, and the camera off to the side?
Probably a metal mirror (with a tether) so you don't have ballistic glass shards.
Hmm. Mirror just resting on supports, so it can get out of the way of the exhaust.
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go
- Microsoft breaks bug-bounty virginity in $100,000 contest