How about an angled mirror above the tube, and the camera off to the side?
Probably a metal mirror (with a tether) so you don't have ballistic glass shards.
Hmm. Mirror just resting on supports, so it can get out of the way of the exhaust.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*