I once had...
...a BIOS that required you to confirm a BIOS reprogramming by flashing up a text screen. I'm guessing this feature died because Joe User didn't want his Windows BIOS update utility crashing Win95 every time he updated the BIOS.
With most BIOS now able to update themselves from a USB drive directly from the configuration screen, I guess it should be possible to reinstate this feature.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory