My CPU turns itself off when nothing's happening (about 95% of the time, most of the time). I did download and run BOINC for a while but noticed my CPU running considerably hotter, and decided that my leccy bill was quite high enough and my office quite warm enough already.
Nerdy types running Linux on core i7/5/3 CPUs can keep an eye on their CPU states by using this tool: http://code.google.com/p/i7z/
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle