I'd guess that Amazon are betting that there will be a Federal solution (thus trumping the states solution) before they have to start paying tax. The longer you can delay paying a large penalty then the longer you have to collect interest on the cash that you put aside to pay the bill.
Sounds dumb? Ask Exxon how the Exxon Valdez payments are working out for them...
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun