In a perfect world
The trouble is half of the time HDNL don't even bother to deliver the item and thus don't leave a delivery card so you don't even know that the package is sat at their depot unless the company you ordered the item(s) for has online order tracking. And even then because you don't have the 'failed delivery' card with the relevant number on, the depot staff don't want to know.
I've lost count of the amount of times I've had HDNL say they haven't delivered my item because I "wasn't in" when I was or they "couldn't find my address" despite me giving them specific directions and a contact telephone number in case they still couldn't find me.
Why should I waste my time making a 30+ mile round trip to do a job they are being paid to do and have to put up with their obnoxious staff to get my order?
If I could pick it up from my local supermarket or town centre then I would jump at the chance rather than waste my time having to rely on companies like HDNL.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- New material enables 1,000-meter super-skyscrapers