@Stephen Usher: "It's far slower than Snow Leopard on the same hardware and the re-implementation of the Finder is clunky"
All speed comparison tests published to date setting Snow Leopard and Lion head-to-head show no appreciable speed difference between the two. In some tests, Snow Leopard was slightly faster, and in others Lion was slightly faster. None of the differences were statistically significant. If you are seeing poor performance with Lion, I can only conclude that you have a problem with your installation.
I'm not reading reports (or experiencing) a "clunky Finder" either. Please elaborate - do you dislike the design, or is this related to the same performance problem you're having?
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS