It is possible that basic human rights can come into conflict with each other. For example the right to a family life can be brought into conflict with the right of freedom of speech, if those using the freedom of speech right are using it to organise a riot where they are burning down houses. One has to give and it's only right that the one that gives is the one which doesn't cause actual harm to other people. Privacy and freedom of speech can come into conflict as well as has been demonstrated with the recent tabloid scandals. It is less clear cut which should give way in these situations.
- Acorn founder: SIXTH WAVE of tech will wash away Apple, Intel
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun