The film started with Stanley Kubrick contacting Arthur C Clarke with an idea to make "the proverbial good science fiction movie".
Clarke was involved in the project (which was originally going to be called "Journey Beyond the Stars") right from the get-go and all the way through with the novel and film being written simultaneously with feedback in both directions.
Read "The Lost Worlds of 2001" by Clarke and "The Making of Kubrick's 2001" by Jerome Agel for all the details.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests