I think (and I admit I haven't checked recently) that the film was based on a short story by ACC (called The Sentinel ?) and the novel was written after/during the film was made, from the screenplay. I'm sure he had a lot of input though. So I agree with your point.
There are a number of BIG differences between the film and the book too.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack