what insanity of Software Patents?
The real problem isn't software patents. If an invention is new, who cares whether it's built using hardware, firmware, software, or a combination?
The problem is crap patents - things that appear trivial or obvious to anybody except a patent examiner. What can be done to reduce the number of patents awarded for crap ideas? IMNSHO there are at least ten crap patents for each truly creative one. It's incidental that most of the crap is easier to implement in software.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests