the description signed off by a notary is all you really need. "didn't let anyone else know" also wouldn't be required. You might have to establish that it wasn't part of a work for hire though.
the development process isn't so much relevant, as long as you establish that you invented it first.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go