The circle is completed
In the very beginning there was no Linux, of course, next the Linux machines where not mentioned at all, or they where called "home made". After several years when Linux passed the 40-50% level the top500 list started to mention the OS too. Today when the level is +90% it is
again, sort of, unnecessary to mention Linux in articles about the top500 computers.
Linux has become a de facto standard in supercomputing.
In embedded devices Linux has probably reached the 40-50% level too, but in those devices the mention of the OS is totally irrelevant and not mentioned.
It will be interesting to see how fast LInux will reach the 40-50% market share in smart phones.
Even now Linux is very seldom mentioned in that market as it is an unnecessary word in marketing.
If you finf this topic interesting then have a look at:
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast