"wouldn't be allowed install a Chinese SCADA setup "
I haven't checked, but where do you think US PLC vendors like GE get their PLCs built and their firmware written? Not that European or Japanese PLC vendors are likely to be any different.
In the telco infrastructure sector, Chinese outfit Huawei are doing very nicely in countries where they are not blocked for political reasons.
What could possibly go wrong?
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!